Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pillow Cookies

This happened to be the very first recipe I stumbled upon while blog hunting. I immediately fell in love and I knew I had try them. The recipe is found on Bakerella – an amazing blog known for her creative cake pops. So for fun, I thought I would test her cookies and see how they turn out.

Think the best chocolate chip cookie you have ever had, with a brownie stuffed inside. The process was way easier than I expected, and did not take me long.


First, just bake a batch of brownies (either a homemade recipe, or from a box...it does not matter). Once they have cooled, cut them into one inch squares – there will be lots of leftovers, so enjoy.

Then you make her chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, and you chill it for 1 hour. Afterwards, use ½ cup of cookie dough for each cookie on a parchment lined pan. (They are massive!). Put a thumbprint in each ball of dough and put the brownie in the middle – you may have to press down the brownie a bit. Then work with the dough to cover the top of the brownie.

Then you bake them! Make sure to space them far apart – my oven is small and I can only fit a small baking pan inside. Therefore, I had to bake them in batches of 3 - otherwise they will run into each other. For me, it made about 11 cookies total. (I say about because Mike was eating them as I pulled them out of the oven – so I definitely lost count).

And now for the inside!

Need I say more? They are so moist with the perfect crisp on the outside. It is hard to resist opening up the tin of cookies right now at 8:30 am and sneaking one. Try out her recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. These cookies look absolutely amazing. I will definitely give them a try, yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete