Saturday, September 25, 2010


Ok, so the truth is I was not ready to say goodbye to summer. After going to Florida and immediately coming back to these below seasonal temperatures – I was not a happy camper. In hopes to bring back a little summer, I decided to try a very different recipe for popsicles. Now, they are not the traditional fruity sort – but rather Earl Grey Kulfi Pops! I discovered them on a blog called Aarti Paarti (created by a lady who just won The Next Food Network Star, she's fantastic!!).


They are deliciously creamy, with a hint of sweetness. A very different taste – if you enjoy earl grey tea. Not to mention - Aarti and I both have the exact same popiscle trays (small things like this excite me).

Recently, there has been a lot going on that has kept me from experimenting in the kitchen. The stress has been building and I must admit – it began to suck the fun out of cooking. So the last few weeks I have taken a hiatus on creating my own recipes, and mainly just explored others – in hopes for some inspiration! So for this post I wanted to share some that I have found, and some that I urge you to try. If you are looking for something different and packed with flavour – here are a few ideas for you.  
This Pappardelle with Spiced Butter is essential to your vegetarian pasta collection! I loved this recipe from the get go – and I was lucky that I had all the spices beforehand, so it was just a matter of purchasing a few ingredients or making some substitutions. It is jam packed with Moroccan flavour, you’ll love it.
I made these for the meat lover in the house – Bombay Sloppy Joes, a must try.
I still make Zucchini Carbonara – another dish that you can make according to the recipe or easily convert to vegetarian.
A great risotto recipe – you can change up the veggies, and I use veggie stock instead.
For a treat – try these simple PB&J Chocolate Bars (a great mix of sweet and salty)!
I hope that inspires you a bit just until I can get myself organized and back on track. I look forward to tonight, where I am back in the kitchen with time to test out a few ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment